Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Vibe Bracket Podcasts

Since Da Lake Squad was prominently featured in this epic argument, we got a special guest post on from the seveneighteen scholars. Enjoy good people!

(NOTE: The second half of The Vibe Racket: Part II podcast is available. Scroll to the end of the page.)

Welcome to the nitty gritty.

Last time, we just ripped the bracket to shreds.

This time , welcome to the All-Star podcast: Streetz, Radio The Rahim, Bobby Drake and yours truly filled out Vibe’s bracket to determine the Best Rapper Ever…while ripping it to shreds.

Highlights include:

Did a certain Harlem rapper have a ghostwriter early in his career?
Take everything you hear from a Queens native about a Queens native with a few grains of salt.
The LL Cool J-Canibus battle revisited.
Which top 5-seeded rapper(s) got a 1st round knockout?
Who didn’t deserve a #1 seed?
Over/under on pause/no homo/no rainbow/that’s what she said references: 32

And a special guest appearance from our favorite correctional officer.

To follow along with the actual Vibe bracket, go here.

The podcast was so crazy we had to split it into two parts. Check out Part 1 here.

UPDATE!!!: Part 2 of the podcast now available! Click here.

10 comments:

  1. I'm late to it all and I'm only 10mins into the first podcast. I love to debate this stuff. This Vibe bracket wasn't even on my radar. I don't understand the bracketing or criteria. No Lupe.

    Black Though a 14 seed under Ice-T? WTF?!? All I would love to rip this thing apart! Just atrocious. Is VIBE even a Music Mag anymore??

    I'm at a lost and have so much to say.

    I'd like to see this debate happen, but the parties involve have time to compile clips of Each MCs best verses/songs... We need to have tracks to back the madness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Canibus doesn't say anything to cats that don't know how to define the words he is putting together. Canibus is nasty for just 16...

    He is not a song maker, but he is a spitter...

    LL is the truth, but 16 bars vs 16 bars...

    Canibus eats majority of MCs...easy. Canibus has so many tracks. Life Liquid

    Canibus and LL in the both. Canibus EATS LL.

    Early LL has a better chance with Canibus than album 3-11 LL.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y08s4BlRv1Y (Is this nothing??)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miM41LhrJ4k&feature=related (This is Nothing??)

    Blasphemy! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike I was about Fed-Ex you an Ass whoppin!! If you would have picked Ja Rule over Miss Hill. My stomach literally dropped. I was like I don't know know this Mike!! LMAO...

    ReplyDelete
  4. B.I.G. Bridged the Gap between Old School and new school Hip-Hop. That's why we love B.I.G. He was right in that pocket and lead us into the riches era of Hip-Hop 1992-1998...

    ReplyDelete
  5. the 4th bracket was still wack, but the toughest brakcet.

    That Mos Def, Big L match wasn't given the discussion it deserved.

    I love both MCs, but people forget how raw Mos can get. It is contingent on topic and what you value. Mos has depth factor, L has dope factor...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm very disappointed that there is a debate between Kane and Cam'Ron... Very much so...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I rarely drop responses, but i did a few searching and wound up here "The Vibe Bracket Podcasts".
    And I actually do have a few questions for you if you usually do
    not mind. Could it be simply me or does it seem like a few of the
    responses look like written by brain dead individuals?

    :-P And, if you are writing on additional sites, I'd like to follow anything new you have to post. Would you list of every one of all your shared sites like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin profile?
    my page > Tao of Badass

    ReplyDelete
  8. If some one desires expert view on the topic of
    running a blog afterward i suggest him/her to visit this
    blog, Keep up the good work.
    My homepage : click the following internet page

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you are going for finest contents like me, simply go to see this web page every day for the reason that it presents quality contents,
    thanks

    My blog :: online shopping in india

    ReplyDelete
  10. You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic
    to be really something which I think I would never understand.
    It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me.
    I am looking forward for your next post, I'll try to get the hang of it!

    Here is my blog :: workouts to improve vertical

    ReplyDelete